BLA offers a diverse range of careers and employment opportunities. We have opportunities in business general management, finance and accounting, information technology, human resources, sales and marketing, procurement and purchasing, administration and warehouse.
BLA is continually seeking passionate people to join our dedicated team of 160 employees. As a company, our goal is to add value to all our employees, in both their professional and personal growth. We offer an enjoyable and rewarding working environment with the ongoing training you need to succeed in a challenging and supportive work environment.
We are dedicated to attracting the best people who enjoy working as a part of a team, and who are passionate about customer service!
- Personal & Professional Growth
- At BLA we are committed to providing a work environment where everyone can expect to be treated equally, with dignity and respect. We promise to provide safe working conditions for all, and we have strict Equal Opportunity, Harassment, Discrimination and Workplace Safety policies in place. We believe in a healthy work life balance.
Customer Service Officer - QLD - click here for more information
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager you will professionally and efficiently provide a high level of customer service to all internal and external customers by:
- Completing all customer order entries including all “Order Acknowledgement” and “Back Order processes” ensuring all system administration is completed accurately
- Taking incoming customer calls in a fast and efficient manner
- Following-up customer orders individually processed, giving priority to designated key accounts
- Assisting with general customer inquires and providing sales support to the Territory Managers as required.
This is a part-time position, offering a minimum of 16hrs per week with the view to extend hours as required.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated data entry experience at a high level, within a call centre/customer service environment
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workflow to ensure deadlines are met with accuracy
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent data entry skills, with computer skills at an intermediate level across basic business applications (Word, Excel, etc)
- Marine industry / product experience and/or passion for the Marine industry would be highly regarded.
Warehouse Manager - QLD - click here for more information
Reporting directly to the National Logistics Manager, you will manage and control the logistics and distribution channel ensuring optimal customer service (internal and external) at the most economical cost out of our Brisbane Warehouse.
- Branch Interstate Replenishment
- Inventory positioning and stocktake
- Staff Management; and
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven minimum 5 years experience in leading and developing a medium to large warehouse team
- Demonstrated achievements in service delivery, cost management, quality and process improvement
- A demonstrated ability to respond effectively to change
- Personal "hands on" leadership and coaching skills, including the ability to lead a number of business functions and areas of responsibility
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to consistently deliver outcomes through others
- Good planning and problem solving skills and ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Cert IV or Cert V in warehousing and storage or equivalent preferred and/or; Significant on the job operations and people management experience