Respecting your privacy
Bob Littler Agencies Pty Ltd ABN 51 853 692 469 (BLA) is committed to supporting the 'National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information' which set clear standards for the collection, access, storage and use of personal information which we obtain as part of our business operations.
Our respect for our customers' right to privacy of their personal information is paramount. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information, no matter how or where it is obtained, is handled sensitively, securely, and in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
- matters of which you should be aware regarding information we may collect about you;
- our policies on the management of personal information; and
- generally, what sort of information we hold, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
What personal information do we collect and store?
So that we can provide goods and services to you, we may collect the following information from you directly and from you visiting our website:
- personal information including your name, address, facsimile number, telephone number, e-mail address and other details;
- information provided when you send an email or other communication to us;
- information provided when logging onto our website. Our server automatically records information your browser sends when it connects to a website. The information provided may include:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address and your browser type and language. We may also collect information about your usage (for example, by way of cookies) including when you use our website, other sites you access from our website, content upload and download, your usage of the services available on our website and the other website users you connect with through our website.
- information provided by you through your use of any downloading facilities on our website.
Some examples of where we may need these details are fulfilling online orders, competitions & promotions, marketing, processing your inquiries and improving our services and the provision of services to you.
Privacy law requires us to collect personal information about you only from you if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
How do we collect the personal information?
We collect the information:
- from you.
- through our website and by other electronic communication channels.
- from third parties.
- from publicly available sources of information.
- when we are required to do so by law.
- from our own records.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
How is personal information used?
- We use the personal information we collect to:
- provide our web based services, including fulfilling online orders.
- provide goods and services to you.
- process your inquiries and improve our services and the provision of services to you.
- advise you of additional services, products or information which may be of interest to you.
- provide your contact details to our partners who have agreed to provide you with the offers described on our website.
- develop existing and new products and services.
- maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems.
- promote and advertise our other products and services to you.
- conduct competitions and promotions.
If we do not collect the personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services, offers or assistance you have requested.
You have the right to tell us that you do not want us to send information to you other than for the main purpose for which we have collected your personal details.
Where possible, we try to ensure that our disclosure of information to other organisations (for example market researchers, and others with whom we have commercial arrangements) is in a way which does not personally identify individuals.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We do not keep your personal information for any particular period of time, unless we are required to keep your information for a particular period of time by law.
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity, your information will only be seen or used by persons working in or for us and our partners who offer the services, promotions and products described on our website.
Persons accessing your personal information may include our own and our contract personnel (e.g. customer service staff, sales agents, marketing people, insurers, advisers etc), our subsidiaries, advertisers, our partners (who offer the services, promotions and products described on our website) and affiliated companies. Some of these people may be located in countries outside Australia.
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secure from unauthorised access, and our staff and contracted agents and service providers have been informed of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so.
Access to your personal information
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (subject to any legal restrictions).
If you require access to your personal information, please email email@example.com Of course, before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
If your request is particularly complex or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide this information.
If you need to update your information (e.g. if you change your address), or if you believe there are errors in our records about you, please let us know.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, the open nature of the internet is such that information exchanged via the internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including (without limitation) your personal details, email address and other information, it is sent at your own risk.
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.