Your privacy is important to us at BLA (Aus Holdco Pty Ltd trading as BLA) ("BLA"). This policy discloses how we collect, protect, use and share personal information gathered about you.
What is "Personal Information"?
(a) The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines "personal information" as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(i) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(ii) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
How We Collect Information
Generally, we may collect personal information in the following situations:
- when you make a purchase from us or through our network which includes our website;
- when you participate in a survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- when you indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from BLA;
- if you make an inquiry or a complaint concerning our products and services either to us directly or to one of our authorised dealers;
- if have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the telephone or when you write to us;
- when you visit our website;
- when you apply for a trading account with us.
What Information We Collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Without this information we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our products and services to you.
How We Hold Your Personal Information
When we receive information in hard copy form, we enter the information on our system and then destroy the hard copy after this is done.
Information that is received electronically or entered on our system from hard copy documents is stored on server servers that are located in Australia and backed up on servers that are located in the United States. The servers are secure and access is password protected and restricted to employees of BLA and our parent company Brunswick Corporation.
How We Use Your Personal Information
BLA may use personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which BLA collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
· to process and fulfil your orders for goods, products, or other items from us;
· to contact you if there is a problem with your product or to provide after-sale services to you;
· to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
· for our financial and operational processes;
· so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
· to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
· to allow or assist our dealers and resellers of our products to promote our products to you or to promote the dealer's or reseller's services in connection with such products
· to facilitate our dealers in carrying out our warranty obligations
· detecting and preventing fraud;
· for business research and development of new products and services;
· to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
· to display content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
· to verify your identity;
· so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
· to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights and/or defend claims made against us.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
a) where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
b) where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
c) where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
d) where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process or in connection with our obligations to notify product safety issues and product safety recalls);
e) where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, BLA may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your BLA communication preferences by contacting us. In addition, the marketing communications that we send you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact us (our contact details are set out below in this policy). Sometimes we may extract information from our collected records to produce aggregated sales data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. BLA uses the aggregated sales data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Disclosing and sharing of data
We do not sell personal information.
We may share the personal information you provide with companies affiliated with BLA. We may share this information with our related companies and with BLA business partners, dealers, resellers and distributors of our products.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including for example, after-sale service agencies, data processing companies, transportation businesses, and their respective officers, employees, agents and representatives for the primary purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, to provide you with a service or information that you requested or consented to receive from us.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and government authorities.